I’m interested in eco-evolutionary dynamics in complex systems and the evolution of sex in an ecological context.
|since 2018||Full Professor of Limnology|
|2017-2018||Heisenberg stipend at the Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Biology|
|2011-2016||Independent Emmy Noether group at the Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Biology|
|2010-2011||Postdoc: University of Cologne (Germany)|
|2008-2010||Postdoc: University of Toronto (Canada)|
|2006-2008||Postdoc: Cornell University (USA)|
|2004-2006||PhD at the University of Cologne (Germany)|
|1998-2004||Studies at the University of Cologne (Germany)|
Organization of conferences and workshops:
• Annual meeting of the German Limnological Society (Deutsche Gesellschaft für Limnologie DGL) 2022, Konstanz, Germany
• Co-organization of Workshop EcoEvoStats 2022, Eawag, Switzerland.
• Co-organization of Workshop Queer in EEB, online.
• Organization of the Workshop 'Bridging Theory and Experiments ~Evolving Communities', 2016, Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Biology, Germany.
• Co-organization of Mini-Symposium 'Experimental Evolution and Community Dynamics' 2014, 2015, 2023 Finland and 2016 Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Biology, Germany.
Engagement in the Research System
• Since 2022 Equal opportunity officer of the Science Faculty at the University of Konstanz and deputy equal opportunity officer of the University of Konstanz, Germany
• Since 2022 Deputy speaker of the International Max Planck Research School Quantitative Behavior, Ecology and Evolution, University of Konstanz, Germany
• Since 2019 Steering board of the Graduate School R3, University of Konstanz, Germany
2020 Gordon and Betty Moore Foundation Investigator Grant “Investigator Award in Aquatic Symbiosis”
2017 Heisenberg grant of the German Research Foundation (DFG)
2011 Emmy Noether grant of the German Research Foundation (DFG)
2005 “Nachwuchspreis” of the German Limnological Society (DGL)